Poster Material (NO PLASTIC)
- As an eco-friendly measure, the poster should not be made on plastic materials (like flex, plastic-coated sheets etc.) Such posters will not be allowed to be displayed. Use an alternative to plastic, like paper, cloth etc.
- Posters will be mounted on specific boards which will be made available at the venue
- The outer size of the poster including the margin should not exceed 95cm X 95cm.
- The name of the presenting author should be indicated with an Asterix.
- While submitting the poster, please indicate the technical session to which the poster belongs to.
Posters should be mounted on the designated poster board in the poster area on the morning of the designated day during the Conference. Conference staff will provide materials for fixing posters to boards.
The Presenter should be available for questions and discussion near the poster during the coffee and lunch breaks as much as possible. Moderated poster walks will be scheduled during the conference.
Each presenter will have 2 minutes to pitch his/her poster and 3 minutes for questions from the judges. The poster evaluation walk schedule will be indicated in the final conference program.
There will be awards for selected posters and such posters will be provided a short oral presentation of 3 – 5 mins during the poster pitches. Participants are therefore requested to come prepared with a short oral presentation of the poster, in case their poster is selected.
Poster awards will be announced during the conference.
General criteria for selection would be :
- How well designed is the poster?
- Is it easy to understand the poster’s information?
- How important is the findings to advancing the knowledge in the field.? Etc.
- Ten Simple Rules for a Good Poster Presentation by Thomas Erren and Philip Bourne
- Poster Perfect by Edyta Zielinska
- Make the most of conference posters and slides on F1000Research